Tuesday, September 4, 2007

23 things summary

My favorite discoveries was actually creating my blog. I also learned alot of computer lingo. I thought Merlin and Wikis was fascinating. I think a liked the online productivity the best.
I think I will be able to help our patrons more with reference questions and teenagers who are researching a school project. I don't think I will personally use all the sites or tools everyday but least I have a knowledge about the different programs and other blogs I can search with.
Some of the programs that were unexpected was that you had to be very careful like online image generator some of the images was a little adult.
But overall I was very surprised I finished everything.
You could have a classroom setting for some of the people who don't know all the computer lingo. I was just fortunate to have fellow librarians to show me how to do the things and the support they gave me. The summer months were a little hectic with the summer reading program and all the activities the library does. I would have liked to have it either in the fall or winter months.
I probably would participate if you have another program but I would go it at my own leisure instead of taking it during my hours at the library.
I really learned a lot but if I'm not doing or using the sites everyday I probably will forget that they are there. So since I have completed the 23 things I will go back through and familiarize myself with it again. I will definitely use Merlin, Library Thing, and Wikis. So I have learned new things and relearned old things. I guess I am proud of myself for finishing this program.

No comments: